Deal with the Devil if the Devil has a constituency – and don’t complain about the heat –
Not complaining, just sayin’, you know; 106-degrees F at the time I performed this little sprint routine, on the way to the day’s high of 111. No telling how friggin’ hot it was out on the artificial turf; let’s just say it was blazingly so. But hey, like CJ says — deal with the Devil and his constituency, and roll the hell on… 🙂
Here we go –
– knee to chest jumps for max height, as little a pause as possible between jumps. x 7 reps
– 10 second, max effort sprint for distance (drop-off technique)
– tennis ball goalpost “dunks”, x 7
– dual leg hops x 30 yds (90 feet), fast as possible and covering the distance in as few hops as possible (again, utilizing the drop-off technique, here).
– “drum major” (stiff-leg) sprint x 40 yards.
Wash, rinse, repeat for 6 rounds. Sweat a ton, get a bit queasy, lounge like a lizard the rest of the day.
A few notes on this one:
- I’d originally intended to push until hitting drop-offs in both the dual-leg hops and the sprints — however, I pulled the plug after hitting drop-off in the hops only; discretion being the better part of valor today, due to the heat. I probably had another 2 or three top-end sprints in the tank.
- I covered right at 80 yards in each 10 second sprint today; self-timed, on turf, standing start. Not bad for an old goat.
- I covered the 90 ft distance in 11 dual-leg hops today, with the last round requiring an additional jump.
- about 30 seconds recovery between exercises, except for following the 10-second sprint and the dual-leg hops, in which case there was an approximate 1 minute recovery.
that is a cool workout. 6 rounds is nuts. i will try one 😉
Gotta say, love all your content, but the workouts you post are usually my favourite to read, they give me tons of good ideas. Thanks again Keith!
Has my laptop gone weird or have you changed your website to a black background?
If you’ve changed your website then why?
Best – Mark
Just playin’ around with some new templates, Mark. Considering a substantial site overhaul here in the near future.
for what it’s worth; I don’t like the new colour scheme – It’s harder to read and harder to pick out links. That said, I’ll still keep visiting your site whatever the colour scheme!